The Embry-Riddle Alumni Awards program recognizes alumni achievement in careers, service to the university and community and/or to the aviation/aerospace industry.
An Alumni Awards Dinner/Reception is held annually during Alumni Homecoming Weekend at the Daytona Beach Campus and OctoberWest Alumni Homecoming Weekend at the Prescott Campus. All award recipients are invited to attend the dinner/reception at the residential campus of their choice.
Alumni Service Award: awarded to an individual who continuously demonstrates an extraordinary level of selfless commitment and endless enthusiasm for the university through, but not limited to, service, support, leadership and recruitment.
Alumni Achievement Award: awarded to an individual who has demonstrated an exceptional commitment to the aviation and aerospace industry through personal and professional success.
Military Achievement Award: awarded to an alumnus/a who has achieved outstanding success in the military.
Outstanding Young Alumnus/a (graduate of the last decade): awarded to a young alumnus/a who has excelled in their field of endeavor, achieving professional success above and beyond their peers, and/or has served their community and university selflessly.
Alumni Volunteer Award: awarded in recognition of an alumnus/a whose contributions to their profession/industry, and/or the community at-large go above and beyond average. This award honors the efforts of alumni that directly impact individuals, their community, or their profession/industry through the volunteering of their time, talent and/or resources for the greater good.
Alumni Philanthropy Award: awarded to an alumnus/a who has demonstrated a high level of commitment to the university through philanthropic contributions and involvement in the direction of their gift. Nominated by Embry-Riddle faculty or staff.
- Nominee must have an undergraduate, graduate or doctorate degree from Embry-Riddle, and/or be a member of the Embry-Riddle faculty/staff/administration. Self-nominations will be accepted.
- Nominations must be received by the office of Alumni Relations by noon on August 15, 2015.
- The person making the nomination must complete the nomination form entirely.
- A nominator may nominate more than
one person, but they should designate exactly one category per
nominee.The nominator does not need to be a graduate of the university.
- Alumni awards will be presented
during the annual Daytona Beach and Prescott Campus Homecoming weeks.
Award winners are encouraged to accept their award in person.
- Alumni cannot receive the same award multiple times, nor should they receive multiple awards within a five year period.
- The office of Alumni Relations will
inform the nominators if their submission is not chosen and may encourage them to resubmit, or update and resubmit, the following year
with the new nomination forms. All nominations will be kept on file for
three years after the initial nomination.
- All contact with the nominee will
occur through the nominator and the office of Alumni Relations. The
nominee will only be contacted by the office of Alumni Relations if they
have been selected to receive an award.
- Nominations for the Philanthropy Award will be submitted by Embry-Riddle faculty and/or staff members.
- Nominations can be received electronically via the online nomination form or by email or fax to the office of Alumni Relations.
Nominations must be submitted by noon on August 15, 2015.
Nominate an alumnus now. Please include a letter of
recommendation (maximum of 3 pages, double-spaced) and a brief
professional biography of the nominee when you submit your Nomination
Form. For self-nominations, the letter of recommendation must be from a third-party.
For more information about this program, please contact Bill Thompson at William.Thompson@erau.edu or call (386) 226-6919
Thank you for your nominations!